Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - What octane fuel to use?
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 02:16 PM   #23
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan4Focus View Post
I appreciate your feedback, Don. As I stated in my last post, I don't claim to be an expert on the subject. I just have personal experience using it. If you, Tom or others have done tests on a dyno to verify the data, then you perhaps have better information than I do. I am just wondering how old that data is. The ethanol process has changed dramatically since its inception in the 1970's. Much of the negative information that is out there on the web is based on that old DOE data from the '70's and is no longer valid. As to the statement that it is not regulated, where do you get that from? It most certainly is regulated in Minnesota and has to meet a specific standard. Since 2007 it has been blended nation wide at up to 10% as per the RFS of the "Energy Independence and Security Act" and this act set some standards for ethanol production and use.
Altho this is true there are no octane standards , thats what needs to clearly be set and placed on the pumps and till they do you will still get 89 one day and 95 another , thats where the problem comes in

as for the 30% blend its already blended with fuel so the amount of "e" your getting wouldnt be enough to do anything

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus