Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - DCT over revving, car not accelerating. Dangerous
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 01:22 PM   #79
pozi240
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94835
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5 door SEL Kona Blue

FF Reputation: 4 pozi240 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Did you turn the car off and on before the drive? I find that doing so seems to reset its erratic (well, "normal" if you're Ford) behavior. Next time it does this (and there will be a next time) see if you can pull into the service department and flag someone down without turning the car off - or shifting it out of drive - if that's even possible...

^^ This is the ONLY way you can get your service department to even "believe" you most of the time. I was fortunate (I use that term "tongue in cheek" here, LOL) enough that it actually happened when the tech was moving my car from one lot up the street to the another "holding lot" after a regular service check. His exact words after getting out of the car were "holy crap.... I thought that car was going to get me killed...." (apparently he pulled out quickly turning left onto a very busy street in traffic and it gave him a false neutral, then jolted forward and then stalled).... . I just grinned when the service manager relayed that to me... Now, if we could get some of Ford's engineer's in our cars when that happens....
I now have new clutches in the car because of that incident.. so far, so good (knocks on wood, LOL)
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14 (street)
2008 Kawasaki ZX10R (track only)