Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - FRPP Suspension on a 2008?
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 12:31 PM   #170
Gettysburg150
Focus Addict

Fan#: 97408
What I Drive: 08 Silverfrost Metallic SE, 5 speed

Points 1,228, Level 19
Points: 1,228, Level: 19 Points: 1,228, Level: 19 Points: 1,228, Level: 19
Level Up 28% Completed
Level up: 28% Level up: 28% Level up: 28%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 2 Gettysburg150 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarderSauce View Post
Just putting this here for a reference to look at when I bring my car in for allignment and to help anyone else that may read this in the future. Originally posted by Geezer

For most Foci (especially 00 to 05) the following specs work. For 06+ cars these specs also seem to work, but rear camber (per Ford), should not exceed -1.3 degrrees:

Front toe: .01 to .02 inches of "toe-out" but no more (zero toe if you have poly bushings)
Rear toe: .04 inches of "toe-in" (per side)
Front Camber: anything "within spec".... its non-adjustable.
Rear camber: -1.0 to -1.5 degrees (you can go less without problems but some negative camber tends to improve handling characteristics). More than -1.5 degrees and you start to promote inside edge tire wear especially if your toe setting exceeds what's recommended above.

FWIW, my rear camber is -1.9 degrees. Its a little excessive but I did (and still do) not feel like buying camber arms or bolts. I have had no excessive wear. This does not apply to all people since we are all running different styles/sizes of wheels and tires but I just don't want you to be scared if you hit this number.

Sedan Revolution Two Three Zero
FRPP, "Stealth" CAI, Debadged, wider tires, louder stereo, turbo mainfold in the wrong place...