Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - DCT over revving, car not accelerating. Dangerous
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 11:13 AM   #73
pjbasid
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104936
What I Drive: 2012 Dark Grey Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 pjbasid Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Very scary!

This happened to me yesterday! I had my '12 Focus SE in a week ago Friday complaining about the shuddering and sputtering when accelerating from stop to first gear... They said Oh Yeah, we know what that is, did a few resets, and said it may take a few days to retrain itself. It never got better. I contacted them Monday to say it was worse than ever. Now they tell me they've had a lot of issues with this model year, and they had one torn apart in the shop as we spoke trying to sort out the problem with Ford. They told me to bring it in after the hurricane and we agreed I'd be there Wednesday - said they would provide a loaner for me.
Tuesday morning I got in the car to go to work - backed out of my driveway and put the car in drive - stepped on the accelerator -- NOTHING! Then it suddenly engaged, and jumped ahead, then seemingly shifted into neutral again, then jumped into gear. I decided to drive straight to the dealer a day early - not even sure I'd make it! It was a harrowing trip. Kept shifting indiscriminately up, down, in and out of neutral, it was so bizarre! So I got to the service dept and they wanted me to take the technician for a test drive. Guess what? It drove as smooth as silk - better than it ever had done since I bought it a month ago. So frustrating.
I just copied the clutch replacement service bills from another post and emailed it to the service manager and my salesman. We'll see what happens....
Not a happy Focus owner.