Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Tested 2013 ST - Kept my 05 ST
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 11:12 AM   #27
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
As most know I come from a Looooooong line of turbocharged Foci , I have built hundreds and owened 5 of them turbocharged one being a SVT which I still have and hope to keep for a long long time

I have done about everything there is to do to a Focus from 230HP NA to 700+ HP Turbocharged street Focus to a V8 Focus with a stroker 351w stroked to a 406

I have drove 3 ST now and first thing I didnt like was the small feeling seats , there not for a guy my size 6`2 265lbs and the recaros are even worse

I liked how the car pulled from 2000 to 4000 but then it was over and you could feel it nosing over (I can fix that lol) , and I hated the in car sound , let the engine do what its going to do , no in cabin sound needs to be added

I liked how the steering quickens as you get closer to the end , I like how the steering feels connected to the driver , I liked how you could throw the car around and bring it back

I feel the car is over priced for there target market in todays economy and there should be a stripped ST for about 19,000 with regular seats , no nav , sync , etc

Over all I did like the car which surprised me , the guys car I drove drove my turbocharged SVT only set to 240HP and he climed out with a hugh smile on his face saying I wish the ST felt like that and I said I wish the SVT drove like that , dont get me wrong I love my SVT and it felt great to climb back into it right after driving the SVT but you can tell the ST has stepped forward in a lot of ways and after riding and driving it for just over 200 miles it felt great even for long trips , over all its just a fun car

Would I buy one yes , will I pay the new price NO I will wait for a used one to come along , would love to find a rebuilt because I wont have a warranty for long anyway , 2000 ZX3 warranty dead at 150 miles , 2002 SVT warranty was dead at 26 miles

Would I trade my 2002 Turbocharged SVT for it straight up....NOPE !

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus