Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2012 Focus SE Hatchback Sport - Changing stock speakers
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 10:05 AM   #57
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Fan#: 90494
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport, '01 ZX3, '67 Bronco

FF Reputation: 10 TboneZX3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb911 View Post
did you have to use a speaker bracket and if so which ones? this is my first time replacing stock speakers so im very nervous. I ended up with infinity 6032cf for about 43.00 on amazon plus shipping. when compared to the 6502 specs they are almost exactly the same except for a slightly loger depth. did you have to fabricate a connect/stragiht wire the speakers sorry for being such a noob also is it possible to take the stock front speakers and put them in the rears until i decided on a pair to replace the rear with a possible sub upgrade?
I used the gutted stock speaker basket/frame as the adapter for my Infinities, as the OP did. It worked perfectly. If you do this, you can use the speaker plug to the stock frame, then just solder wires from the new speaker to the connector on the frame. I wouldn't worry to much about depths, there's a lot of room in there between the door and door panel, and for the magnet inside the door.

It's the best use of the stock speakers I can think of.

I'm not sure why you'd want to make the effort to move the stock speakers to the back, as they're both of equally crappy quality.
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.