Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Normal Idle Vibration
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 06:27 PM   #9
Vegoose
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104195
What I Drive: 2006 Focus ZX4 SE

FF Reputation: 1 Vegoose Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizle View Post
UPDATE

Went from annoying vibrations at idle and throughout the rpm range while driving to buttery smooth like a new car with no vibrations!

I inspected the passenger motor mount and it looked to be in fairly good condition. Went ahead and replaced it anyways and the vibrations are COMPLETELY GONE! Feels like a brand new car at idle and while driving, it seems like she's not even running it's so smooth.

Anyone with vibration issues at idle I would say change the passenger mount, took like 20 mins and fixed all my vibrations issues. After much research on here I went with DEA brand motor mount, didn't want to spend 2x that for a Ford part. Hoping the $60 mount lasts a few years, if not at least I know it'll be worth it to buy a Ford part and it WILL solve my annoying vibration issues if the come back in the future!
I had the exact same experience. I did, however, buy the Ford part just avoid any problems with a non-OEM part. FYI, you can find the Ford part on Ebay for around $85 incl shipping. Good to hear the DEA part worked for you. I think I might replace the drivers side mount soon so maybe I'll order aftermarket.