Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - What MPG does your DURATEC Ti-VCT get on the HIGHWAY ONLY ?
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 03:15 PM   #30
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borko View Post
And one more question. Do we all mean US miles ? because if somebody means Imperial miles it is not the same. Usually I work with km/h. But If I switch to mpg I think for me it will not be the same because I'm in Canada and here the mile is imperial. I beleive that the cars are adapted to that.
A mile is 5280 Ft, the difference is the imperial gallon is 20% larger than the U.S. Gallon meaning the numbers are 20% higher on paper without translating into being able to go 20% further on the same volume of fuel in the tank from start to finish.

Best highway mileage so far in 5700 miles of driving was 42.1 mpg at 65 mph average on the highway (with a few stops along the way, one for breakfast the first day, to the conference, to the hotel, to breakfast the next morning and driving back most of the way through ohio to toledo before refueling, 470.1 miles on 11.176 gallons of gasoline with two other passengers and over night bags + water. Of course the one passenger weighed nearly as much as two average passengers probably, so it was a fully loaded car essentially.