Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Trunk light in ZX3/Hathbacks
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 12:59 PM   #20
rambleon84
So mote be it

Fan#: 51521
What I Drive: 2007 Dark Toreador Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 23 rambleon84 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRSman25 View Post
Yeah, I found it this morning.
I don't see how that could possibly be of any use to anyone.

rambleon, How did you run the LED strips? Wire it into the existing light? And would you happen to have pictures?!
Sorry PRSman (paul reed smith fan?) I didnt see this post sooner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue5ive View Post
A number of us have run led strips or blocks. The leds have just 2 wires so you can just splice into the 2 wires of the hatch light. Then just attach the led block/strip to the underside of where the cargo cover sits so its out of sight. You can even then run a wire from there to the other side and have lights on both sides and tuck the wire out of view behind the plastic I interior panels.
This is exactly what I did. The wires are perfectly hidden out of sight and power from the hatch light are more than enough to power two sets of led strips. I'll see if i cant get a good picture of the lights working tomorrow.

I believe my strips have either 6 or 9 white leds (self adhesive too) and then I just used some 18 or 20 gauge speaker wire i had laying around. I ran it under the hard plastic trim of the lower inside hatch area. I like it because it has a clean factory look, ie cant see anything unless you are really looking.