FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngnash View Post
Hey my 2012 focus se has the same grinding that everyone has been describing. The idle speed has also become erratic compared to when i first got it. It shifts hard and sometimes it will even slip out of gear. I absolutely love the car and the engine but im fed up with the transmission...
Quote:
Originally Posted by wassrock View Post
It was not disclosed at the time of my purchasing a Ford Focus 2012, that over time, 'noises' will be heard from the powershift 6 speed transmission while driving. If this had been disclosed I would not have purchased the Focus!! Who would buy a car knowing that noises are going to occur. At 8500 miles, they started and are increasing in noise and frequency. The dealership has had my Focus 5 weeks, I have not had a loaner as the 'engineers' say this is a normal characteristic for a Ford Focus. There is nothing to be done. The car is under warranty. I didn't purchase it to have 'noises' from the transmission occur and am dubious that it's not a safety issue...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BottleGnome View Post
Well it looks like I can be added to the list of owners with a problem. My 2012 SEL started making noises recently and I kind of wrote it off that maybe I was hearing things. Over the last several days however, and especially since cooler weather has come in the noise has gotten more noticeable and is occurring more often. It is only noticeable in the lower gears as the car is accelerating between 0-20 mph, after that everything smooths out and the grinding noise disappears. Looks like a trip to the dealership Thursday for me to see what's going on.
Hi there,

I want to jump in here and see how I can help. Please send me a PM so I can get each of you escalated to your region's customer service managers. I'll need your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and daytime phone number. I'm on the case!

Thanks,
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford