Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Way to go Ford....
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 09:46 PM   #8
Bolto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101615
What I Drive: 2012 Plat White Ti

FF Reputation: 2 Bolto Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edbro View Post
What are you basing this off of? I always trusted CR and I thought they worked hard to stay independent and unbiased. Is that not the case anymore?
A lot of people who hate CR are fanboys who can't stand the fact that CR recommends a lot of Toyotas and Hondas. I don't really care as I don't take any review as gospel, but CR does make a good starting point when you're a lot of cross shopping and provide a lot of good information.

Back on topic, I'm not very surprised either about Ford's drop, judging from the issues on this forum and my own experience. I've had my clutch replaced already and MFT has had its share of problems, but I still love my Focus. Despite its problems, which were taken care of promptly or were not that serious, I've enjoyed its combination of driving dynamics, features, and interior and exterior design much more than my previous Civic.

I guess I'm willing to trade a little bit of reliability for a car that makes me happy to drive. Well, it better be only a little bit, not a lot of reliablilty