Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Removing Steering Limiters in Ti Handling Package
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 05:08 PM   #52
TiStick
Boob Whisperer

Fan#: 96514
What I Drive: LesVagon

FF Reputation: 16 TiStick Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsoup View Post
Its kind of a pain in the butt, but I don't find it that annoying. Its a tradeoff I'll happily take for being able to run 235mm rubber on this car, its wider then any other car in this class, a lot of rubber on the road for a FWD compact car. I'll take 235mm and a bit wider radius turn then 215's and a bit smaller turning radius I don't use 99.5% of the time, where as I do use the extra rubber a lot more then that.

And if we take off the limiters, then the 235's will rub presumed, I appreciate it while the snows are on, but still?
I appreciate that Ford put on 235's despite having to put a giant full size spare in the trunk and limit the steering, better then some Mazda engineer who gave 225 or 215 the max width to make the soccer moms happier with a tight turning radius who'd never use wide performance rubber in their whole life.
Many people have put the 18x8 ET55's w/235 rubber on their non-Ti cars and reported no rubbing.

I will swap in a non-THP steering rack sometime down the road.
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #11
Hatch Nation#163
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Watch out for the D