Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Dry Sump worth it?
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 03:40 PM   #30
amc49
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 96610
What I Drive: 00 wagon, 02 sedan both zetec atx

Points 3,202, Level 35
Points: 3,202, Level: 35 Points: 3,202, Level: 35 Points: 3,202, Level: 35
Level Up 2% Completed
Level up: 2% Level up: 2% Level up: 2%
Forum Activity 56%
Activity: 56% Activity: 56% Activity: 56%
FF Reputation: 25 amc49 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Like a Focus engine could ever be any different from all the hundred others, LOL. You see of course Ford in their infinite wisdom used a bit of the tech by using the windage section to begin with. Meaning THEY seem to think the ideas work even on Focus motors. It would be utterly stupid to use supposed 'energy saving' 5W-20 oil and then not try to control some oil throwing around in the crankcase, it's about gas mileage too.

He is absolutely right on the rest of it gentlemen, those tricks are for the super throwdown last nickel in it guy with 'trickitis' who wants absolutely everything he can get and willing to suffer engine blowups to get it. On the outer edge nothing comes easy or without cost. If you drive on the street at all you are not that guy. Just thought I'd show how ridiculous it can get, believe me, it's worse than that.

While 1turbo and I have our days he seems to know very well what the easy power is versus the hard. Once you cross that line you are talking endless work for very little more result and much more potential breakage.

'go have fun'...........I like that. I think about all the expensive stuff we blew up trying to do certain extreme things. Wasn't no fun then. It's so much better to carry a car to maybe only 1/2 of what can be done to it to make good power but not the ultimate. You get so much more enjoyment time out of your work and result.