Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - What MPG does your DURATEC Ti-VCT get on the HIGHWAY ONLY ?
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 02:18 PM   #23
Borko
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103971
What I Drive: 2012, Yellow-Orange, Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Borko Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hello guys. I bought a titanium 2012 mont and a half ago. 6 speed "automatic" transmission. I have 3200 km (1988 miles) on it.
So I suppose that my mpg will go down with the time but for now the results I see here some of them sound like a science fiction to me :).
So when I'm driving on a highway with 100 - 115 km/h (62 - 71 mph) and reset the average I get 7 - 7.5 L/100 (33.6 - 31.36 mpg) And I can get this only after a long driving. I don't know is it the same with you but right after reseting the average, it starts with 8.5 - 9 L/100 (27.67 - 26.1 mpg) and going down very slow and only of I support constand speed without step on the pedal too much.[/B][/B] May be it wil be the same with the cruise control but I didn't use it yet. If it is a driving with a little bit much more breaking and acceleration the results will be really awful. If somebody share some numbers at the beginning right after reseting the counter for the mpg I'll really appreciate that :)