Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Unhappy With Transmission
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 12:51 PM   #17
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,284, Level 35
Points: 3,284, Level: 35 Points: 3,284, Level: 35 Points: 3,284, Level: 35
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 18%
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by neverfocus View Post
...I took my focus in because it was making the noise every other 2012 focus makes when the transmission shifts (the "rocks" rattling round.) So the guy wrote up a report and he said he'd call me when it was ready. A few hours passed and I called and the receptionist said it was ready, (the guy never called me) and when i looked at the invoice it stated "We test drove it for 3 miles and no noises were heard and it shifted as intended."...
Hi neverfocus,

I'm happy to step in and get your case escalated to your region's customer service manager. Please send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and daytime phone number; I'll get your CSM involved and ensure that they contact you promptly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfire View Post
in slow speeds put the shifter down into "S" or "L" (depending on what yours says). you should be good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan50 View Post
...Try it again with the dealer. See if you can take a mechanic on a drive with your car and then one off the lot. Or see if a mechanic will take your car home overnight. Be as specific as possible about the behavior you're experiencing and when it occurs. Look over this board for some success stories dealing with oil-contaminated clutches, print and give to the technician. If this doesn't work, look for Crystal or one of the Fords reps that monitor this board: they can get extra attention from the dealer network...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigertiger View Post
...Very slowly, my dealer seems to have become aware of the technology and problems with the car and has been (mostly) good at dealing with them.

One thing I would advise anyone is DO NOT let anyone tell you the grinding noise and the shuddering are normal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seriously Focused View Post
^^Exactly^^- slow speed noises only and they have NOT gotten worse only better. I have a little over 6000 miles now.

I have "learned" to drive it quietly by the amount of pressure on the gas pedal...
Thanks for all the great input, folks!
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply