Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Dry Sump worth it?
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 07:57 AM   #28
Magus2727
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 62897
What I Drive: 2001 Malibu Blue ZX3

Points 8,123, Level 60
Points: 8,123, Level: 60 Points: 8,123, Level: 60 Points: 8,123, Level: 60
Level Up 87% Completed
Level up: 87% Level up: 87% Level up: 87%
Forum Activity 23%
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%
FF Reputation: 9 Magus2727 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I would think/hope that I will be able to pull lots of G's cornering. Want to do as many open track days as possible when I have my car and plan to have some high grip tires. I am planing doing a full suspension overhaul. (keeping springs and shocks) but new control arms (tubular & adjustable), bushings, and the likes. So I hope to be able to pull 1G on the skid pad... unheard of for the focus?

But at this point I think I am designing over than what I will actually use it for. It is just easier to add any of this stuff now while I have the engine still apart than it would be if I chose to add it back in later.

Well I now need to save up for the oil pump. Some brake downs with my DD required me to pull funds from that. so if C-F-M has the oil pump when I am ready to by I will get their extra umph. otherwise its the stock pump and will forget the oil pump.

For the accusump I do plan on having a turbo, and the above track days. and it gets cold here in Utah. So it seems like it would be a good system to have all around to improve the life of the motor. 20-25 psi valve for the focus? Since this can be added after the whole build and really at any point i am not going to worry about it now. But I can make it a dual purpose both as a pre-oiler, pressure variation compensation, and as a turbo spin down oiler. I can use a micro-controller and the pressure gauge (or just a basic timer) so if I get a large enough assusump i have oil for start up and dump say 1/2 of the oil reserve at shut off to provide oil lubrication to the turbo.
Hatch Nation #42

Going through Rebuild See "The TICK Build Thread" for details (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289168&referrerid=62897)