Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Welcome Newbies To FF
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 07:38 AM   #1732
Ice 180
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 105318
What I Drive: 2006 red 206 RC

FF Reputation: 1 Ice 180 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Good day Focus Fanatics

I am from Cape Town, South Africa. I am on the verge of getting a Ford Focus 2.0 GDi Sport Hatch (somewhere in between SE and Titanium in USA markets)

http://www.ford.co.za/cars/new-focus/models/sport-hatch

My work will let me get a car that I can use for work purposes (2.0L engine or smaller) as well as for private use. They have a set list of manufacturers and models from which I can choose from and after hours of research I have settled on the Focus.

Nice benefits of owning a subsidized vehicle is that I only pay 19% of what the actual Focus costs plus my work will cover insurance and maintenance for 48 months and/or when I clock 75 000km official working km. I also get a fuel allowance for official trips.

I applied and I got approval but the only thing I still have to do is sign on the line for my work to order the car. I am not signing yet as I haven't test driven the car. Been trying for the last 2 months but there are just no demo models available in Cape Town. The next batch of Focus is on a ship from Thailand plant and should arrive in Cape Town on 20 November with the new models. I really want to sign but I can't get it over myself as I believe you need to drive it before buying it.

I love this forum so far and been reading many threads. Loving all the R&D. I already have an other modified car and I did R&D on that as well so you can bet I will be modding and doing R&D on the Focus as well.

Anyway let me get back to reading some more threads....