Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Speedometer Lighting
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 01:19 AM   #46
Litterbug
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104950
What I Drive: 2013 Dark Grey Focus SE

Points 37, Level 1
Points: 37, Level: 1 Points: 37, Level: 1 Points: 37, Level: 1
Level Up 74% Completed
Level up: 74% Level up: 74% Level up: 74%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Litterbug Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Update: on sun glare, off dash, steering wheel, and hard to see speedometer. I have not found any accurate Info on the lights in the instrument cluster. I have not removed it yet, to see what exactly what light the cluster. But I did find a Led Kit, it includes 20 leds that need to be soldered to circuit board. But the seller of the Kit does not know for sure if it works for a 2013 Focus, same part #'s for 2012 & 2013 Focus. 2011 has a different part #....The Instrument Cluster is a $290 part, so I have to think about this led retro.

What I have found out, is if I raise the seat to near Max Height, I am looking at the speedometer on a downward angle. It did make it easier to read the speed. It also help some what with the dash top glare. I also tried laying a black tee shirt on the driver's side of the dash board. The Glare is not an issue with black cloth material laying on top of the dash. I still have sun glare off the polished aluminum on the steering wheel.
So I am thinking about a CoverKing Suede or Velour custom fit dash mat. I got some material samples for the dash mat, and I maybe able to live with it. It is not the old rug style looking dash mats.
But raising the seat helped me with seeing the speedometer.. I guess it all has to do with angles. But Brighter cluster back lights, I hope one day to have a fix...
Litterbug in Fl.

Last edited by Litterbug; 10-29-2012 at 01:28 AM. Reason: spelling and addition info