Old 10-28-2012, 06:37 PM   #8
amc49
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 96610
What I Drive: 00 wagon, 02 sedan both zetec atx

FF Reputation: 23 amc49 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
X2.

You ask for 'headsonly' facts but obviously that has not cured your problem. SO........only thing left for you is you've done your work incorrectly OR, you have NOT pursued all the rest. Getting mad will not resolve that. No one called you names but we can only base judgements on facts laid out as well as the general tone of that layout.

Yes, the block can crack, ALL blocks can crack from overheat, if as well read as you say then you'd've known that years ago. Some are more susceptible than others but they ALL can, ALL makes. Basic physics. Don't even have to see one to know.

If motor starts up still smoking you could possible pull plugs and see if one has any antifreeze residue on it. Does smoke smell sweet like antifreeze? If not running antifreeze then you can't tell. If you really oiled up the motor parts like I do then motor will burn residual oil for the first 5 minutes but go away after that, but smell is detectable as oil. Any water in the oil? An indicator but not absolutely necessary. I've seen water burn only in chamber and no water in oil or oil in water, depends on location and severity of the crack. Burning water only could be faulty head gasket only too, the block STILL could be good. If you are positive of your skills though then I lean toward crack in block.

This is why I will NEVER buy an overheated car regardless of the cost, simply way too many potential worms there.............you will NEVER be told truly how hot it REALLY got. You are simply one of many, many more who have done this and fallen into same pit, if well read you would have known that too. It's all over the net in 5000+ locations, different models and cars each. All have the same connecting problem, 'I fixed blown gasket, why doesn't it run right?'

Once again, nothing personal, just the facts. No insult intended. Good luck.