Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 00 Focus SPI Question
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 06:05 PM   #6
hacsac05
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 105191
What I Drive: 00 Focus SPI red

FF Reputation: 1 hacsac05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc49 View Post
99.5% of the time the head has nothing to do with the overheat, rather it cracks as a RESULT of the overheat.

So you fixed the head possibly, you still have to fix the overheating problem which is most likely a separate issue. If you are a loss then so are we, there are textbooks written on what needs to happen to stop overheating, you have apparently never read one since you give no mention of whether rest of system working or not here. Meaning you might not even have enough water in the motor, we cannot know based on your text.

Strongly suggest you cull the threads here for the various causes, quite frankly we don't have a week of time to instruct you fully.

Parts that must be working correctly are radiator, fans and all their controls (a book all by itself), water pump, all hoses, and system must be properly pressurized. Other reasons to but more far-fetched. You actually should have had all that done before going into the motor.........now you risk breaking new parts. Entirely possible too you may have yanked a head that didn't need to be yanked.

Good luck, you'll need it.
OK I exepcted at least on jerk to anwser so now that we have that out of the way let me clarify, I am not a idiot and have read I would be willing to bet more books on vehicles than you, My first post was just to understand the heead valve seat rollover option and to ask if any one had dealt with heads only. My next post was to ask if anyone had seen a craked block. Since I didnt ask about the cooling system you should infer that I am fully aware of the issue. I thought since you guys were focus fanatics that maybe you had seen a spi block crack or have dealt with headsonly. I did not however expect to get treated as if I were stupid. Thanks for the people who responded to share information and for the ones who are quick to judge and know it all thank you too for reminding me how easy it is to sit behind a computer and trash someone for asking a question.