Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - I refuse to pay $100 for a key!!
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 02:14 PM   #15
wannabe_svt
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92616
What I Drive: 2001, CD Silver. ZX3

Points 595, Level 11
Points: 595, Level: 11 Points: 595, Level: 11 Points: 595, Level: 11
Level Up 90% Completed
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 wannabe_svt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egz View Post
Ford tends to be cheap when it comes to including extra hardware, so I wouldn't expect the antennas to be there if it wasn't an option. You could try, but I won't gaurentee it will work.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5530023_program-keyless-lock-ford-focus.html
Sit in the car with the doors shut and unlocked, and with your seat belt fastened to avoid interference from the seat belt reminder chime.

Put the key in the ignition, and turn it from position one ("Off") to position three ("On") rapidly eight times within 10 seconds, ending in position three.

The Ford Focus doors will lock and unlock automatically, signaling that the car is in remote keyless entry programming mode.

Within 20 seconds, press any button on each keyless remote. After each remote is programmed, the car doors will automatically lock and unlock to confirm successful programming. When all remotes have been programmed, turn the ignition to position one. The doors will automatically lock and unlock, confirming that remote keyless entry programming is complete
^^ THIS..
I have used this method a the time even while working at the dealership and it works 100%

Great info BTW

Last edited by iminhell; 03-05-2014 at 04:03 PM.