Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Buying a Focus Titanium...kinda concerned...
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 03:37 PM   #13
saywhaat04
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 85358
What I Drive: 2007 Honda Accord EX-L

FF Reputation: 1 saywhaat04 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksearcy View Post
The streets in Chicago are terrible, don't get the handling package unless you want to be beat to death. The wind off the lake will take your breath away to say the least, it is cold. The block heater is extremely cheap, I think it was $35 on my car, Go for it, not only will it make the car a little more comfortable but will help slightly with gas mileage.
Definitely want to get the block heater, especially since it only cost $35. Chicago's roads are TERRIBLE indeed LOL, I was up there last week for my birthday, my poor little Honda took a beating. I lived in Chicago back in 2007 and 2008, it was cold, but I actually loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VectorZ View Post
The handling package is a good deal, and the PS3s are awesome, but I just traded those tires in and got a set of ultra high performance all seasons so I don't have to mess with two sets of wheels and tires. The only downside to the handling package is the giant turning radius the car gets because of it.

I doubt applink will make it to our cars any time soon, but I have no issues with Pandora or iHeart radio either via usb or bluetooth streaming.
Kinda makes me sad about AppLink, I really want that feature in my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout706 View Post
Get the handling package. In Chicago, you will buy a complete set of 4 wheels with snow tires mounted, you won't want salt on your good wheels. You just switch out wheels fall and spring.

Can't help you on the tech stuff, but I want to buy your honda when you are ready.
Definitely gonna look into some spare sets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
In regards to the wheels, if you get the handling package then you will want to just purchase a set of winter wheels/tires if you have snow. That is an approximate $800 cost (more or less depending on what you want out of them), but the PS3's are expensive indeed at $1k or more. I wouldn't recommend all-seasons if you have snow, mostly because the wheels are 8" wide.

If it is only a $100 premium over the non-handling package, I would say that your worst case scenario is buying the Handling Package and throwing a set of 17's on after the fact. You could probably trade your wheels for something you like and get more than enough cash on top of it to cover the premium. Then you have the handling package suspension, wheels that are less expensive to wrap, the possibility of installing all-seasons that won't be as detrimental in bad weather due to a narrower width, and additional cash to-boot...

Fwiw, I absolutely love the 18's in both looks and wet/dry performance. I don't have snow to deal with though. There are also 17's in a multi-spoke pattern that look really good, but you have to search pretty hard for them and most owners don't want to come off of them...
I actually like the 18s too, they look sharp, even the sedan looks good with those wheels.

Also, my salesman told me recently that Ford is voiding warranties on customers who are cleaning their rims/wheels with aftermarket cleaning solutions. He told me that Ford has a certain cleaner that they recommend and that using other brands or cleaners would weaken the rims and that if those rims fail Ford won't cover them under warranty. Is this true? I've never heard of anything like this. Thanks again for EVERYTHING you guys. Ya'll reply FAST!