Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - transmission fluid change
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 04:04 PM   #5
Elizabeth
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 89280
What I Drive: '14 Tangerine Scream ST3

Points 13,860, Level 76
Points: 13,860, Level: 76 Points: 13,860, Level: 76 Points: 13,860, Level: 76
Level Up 53% Completed
Level up: 53% Level up: 53% Level up: 53%
Forum Activity 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%
FF Reputation: 15 Elizabeth Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Yes that is the price for the stuff.
The plug to drain is not going to be a bolt sticking out. The drain is a flat insert with a hex cut in it. Probably an 8mm hex Most likely not on bottom, rather it will be near bottom on side of case.
FIND the ADD plug first! (before you drain it!!!) It also will most likely be a flat. flush hex
It will be high up on the trans case. And also not on top, but on the side.
For my last car i used a thin aluminum tube and bent it to fit down into the hole, from above the engine.. then added a funnel via a rubber hose.
So I could make certain it was in the right location, and keep it in place as to not waste a quart of $25 fluid pouring it all over the floor.

Finally get a real socket with the hex, or cut one off a hex "L" shaped tool and use it in a 8mm socket. Trying to get the nut loose with a'lL' shaped standard tool for hex will lead to frustration.
I actually used both, the cut off hex L shaped tool, so the hex on the 'L' of the tool had way less angular pull, and the sawn off bit in a 8mm socket. So i could fit the tool in there...
This was all on a Contour SVT with MTX 75.. Your tranny may vary, but I bet is way similar.