Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - anyone NOT like the stock tires?
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 10:07 AM   #122
Fresh1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102640
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Fresh1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzboy View Post
I must say that I found the ride harsher on the SE with sports pkg and 16" rims. On my SEL with the same rims, I find it smoother.

This above observation has not been noted in all 12 pages so far, so I just wanted to add that.

Continental, like every other manufacturer out there, makes tires for various applications. Find the one that suits you best, but please refrain from boycotting an entire brand based on one model.
Interesting observation about the SE Sport vs. SEL difference. I found the ride harsh with the stock 16" tires, and I have the regular SE. (It does have the aluminum control arms though, like the Sport, SEL and Titanium.)

I agree 100% that not all Continental tires are bad. I too am considering the ExtremeContact DW on 17" alloys for the spring.

I was actually impressed to see that Continental has kept all the negative reviews of the ContiProContact on their website. In comparison, the average score for the DW is *much* higher.