Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Unhappy With Transmission
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 09:55 AM   #1
neverfocus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 105351
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SE

FF Reputation: 1 neverfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Unhappy With Transmission

Well I've been snooping around on these forums for a while and decided I wanted to share my story. So, I took my focus in because it was making the noise every other 2012 focus makes when the transmission shifts (the "rocks" rattling round.) So the guy wrote up a report and he said he'd call me when it was ready. A few hours passed and I called and the receptionist said it was ready, (the guy never called me) and when i looked at the invoice it stated "We test drove it for 3 miles and no noises were heard and it shifted as intended."

Their ears must be clogged because the noise is loud and clear. The company knows that if they recall the transmission on this car, they would lose a serious amount of money.

Another note, I have no problem with the way it shifts. The only time its a pain is in low speed situations like a parking garage, which i go through 4 times a week. The only thing that bothers me is the sound the transmission makes when shifting/giving it gas when in a high gear......My rant