Old 10-27-2012, 07:58 AM   #1715
magnolia
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96846
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 magnolia Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
What do you do

I originally posted not long after I bought a 2012 Ti hatchback. I bought the focus hatchback because I needed a four door car with room to carry a wheelchair for my 92 year old mother. Unfortunately I bought the car during a time my husband was having serious health issues and I was kinda in a hurry and wasn't as dilligent as I should have been. When I asked about the shudder they said it would clear up. Other issues beside the shudder were rolling backwards on an incline while in drive when I took my foot off the brake (forget the 2 second rule). Sometimes it would try to stall on take off and sometimes I could hear a kind of "rocks in a tin can" sound coming from the transmission. I took the car back to the dealer for the upgrade. It helped the rolling backwards issue, the trying to stall on takeoff but not the shudder which becomes worse the longer you drive. I did notice that after the upgrade the rpms were increased and now the car vibrates and sounds like a log wagon. Then the other day I was turning left and all of a sudden the car stopped like it had been put in neutral and no matter how much I pressed on the gas pedal it would not move, after several attempts it finally "caught" and I was able to continue driving, thank God there was no one behind me. I took it in to the dealer the next day for maintenance and explained all these things and surprise, surprise they said they ran all these tests and NPF, no problem found. There is no way you can drive the car and not feel the vibration which I believe came from the upgrade to try and reduce the shudder and the rollback. Oh, by the way, Ford advertises 38 miles to the gallon and I have never been able to get more than 29.1 according to the car's computer. I was getting 31 in the car I traded in. Now to play the sympathy card, I am not young and I have a lot of sick people in my life who depend on me and I really don't have time to worry about my car all the time, and I don't have time to take my car to a parking lot and go thru all the steps to reset the dct. Why is the dealer not being more proactive, when I tell them I have read about others having the same issues they look at me like I have lost my mind. What do you do?