Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - MFT, Sync, Bluetooth Audio, USB connections and your phones, a comprehensive compatibility list...
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 01:09 AM   #1
Michael Jackson
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104370
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Michael Jackson Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
MFT, Sync, Bluetooth Audio, USB connections and your phones, a comprehensive compatibility list...

I did a little searching and couldn't find anything on this subject, at least not to the extent I am looking for, and maybe others are as well.

I think it would be very helpful, since the sync my ride site is not so helpful, to have a master list of what phones are confirmed to either be working or not with MFT and sync.

Example:

Sync version 3.2.2

iPhone 5, iOS 6: USB and Bluetooth worked flawlessly, could even control pandora via USB with no issues. Text messaging DID NOT work...

Samsung Galaxy S3, Android 4.0: Text messaging and calls worked, when it wanted to. USB media would work, then disconnect and claim USB device not supported. Bluetooth audio was at about a 70 percent fail rate. Had to reset MFT 6 times in the week I had the phone, then it still did not work properly. VERY frustrating.

iPhone 4, iOS 6: Seems to be working thus far, although I have noticed my pandora no longer works via USB as it did with the iPhone 5. Bluetooth audio while streaming (iheartradio, pandora, etc) I have noticed to be a little tweaky, but it's debatable on that being an issue with the phone itself. Text messaging naturally, does not work. Apparently this is a common theme with iOS.

Motorola Droid 2, Android 2.3.x: Worked pretty well, although streaming was a bit flaky. Calls and text worked well, I never tried to access any of the files via USB as a media player.

Hopefully others can follow suit, and we can get a decent list together. I go through quite a few phones myself, so will update as I use others. I'm hoping to find an Android phone that is mostly compatible, as my iPhone 4 is getting a bit tiresome these days. So post your phones, and tell of your details/results!!

Any questions for me, or any of the phones I've used, let me know!

Sent from my iPad using FF Mobile HD