Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Fog Light Installation - S Model (with Pics)
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 10:25 PM   #61
Hybrid dude
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 105166
What I Drive: 2013 C-Max Hybrid

FF Reputation: 1 Hybrid dude Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thanks so much to Chaddz3 for the highly detailed, well thought out, photographed and diagrammed fog light installation info.

I am new to the Ford brand, having just recently purchased a base model C-Max Hybrid.
The reason for my reply is that I also wanted to have a few a la carte options which unfortunately is not the way Ford does it. Fog lights were my number one request but I face the same issue with the BCM not being equipped to handle them.

Our Fordcmaxhybridforum.com has discussed the fog light issue and as yet no one has successfully installed them in any configuration. My dealer service manager spoke to two Ford tech advisors who said it was just not possible ... no reflashing the BCM, no getting a different BCM since everything is VIN based ... no way no how.

I haven't yet decided whether to give up on the project or bypass the BCM. I also can't confirm that since it is a hybrid, it is supersensitive to electrical changes, voltage drops, etc., which could result in electrical problems.

I would like to add an idea: I actually purchased one part (used) for the fog light system before I was aware of these stumbling blocks, that being the switch (C-Max uses the same switch), which came from ... a Focus, I think 2012, which as you know has the built in fog switch on the left. Would it be technically possible to remove a section of the actual fog button, then insert and wire some type of aftermarket switch (toggle, rocker, other) and then have the wires come out the back of the entire switch? Or, is there too much circuit board/whatever in the way to make this work?

Thanks