Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus SE Hatchback Sport - Changing stock speakers
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 09:21 PM   #55
majorChibi
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 103279
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White SE

Points 173, Level 3
Points: 173, Level: 3 Points: 173, Level: 3 Points: 173, Level: 3
Level Up 46% Completed
Level up: 46% Level up: 46% Level up: 46%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 majorChibi Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb911 View Post
did you have to use a speaker bracket and if so which ones? this is my first time replacing stock speakers so im very nervous. I ended up with infinity 6032cf for about 43.00 on amazon plus shipping. when compared to the 6502 specs they are almost exactly the same except for a slightly loger depth. did you have to fabricate a connect/stragiht wire the speakers sorry for being such a noob also is it possible to take the stock front speakers and put them in the rears until i decided on a pair to replace the rear with a possible sub upgrade?
I can't speak for the fit of the Infinity. I went with a pair of Massive Audio comps in the front but I used a set of scosche universal speaker baffles/adapters. It definitely took a bit of messing around before I got it it positioned properly. I also see quite a few folks here have used the Crutchfield adapters. But those say they fit speakers with a mounting diameter of 5 1/8 or smaller i think? and mine were a bit bigger.

I don't think you should bother putting the fronts in the rears. Just keep the rears the way they are and use the setup with fade forward. If you need more bass get a sub. Are you amping the speakers?