Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 03 SVT sway bar hitting body...need suggestions
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 05:04 PM   #27
Malpopies
Banned

Fan#: 102051
What I Drive: 2002 SVTF Silver Frost #3519

FF Reputation: 1 Malpopies Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykirs View Post
OK everyone, I know this is an old thread, but this problem seems to be unresolved. and I have been dealing with it for a long time. The banging when making a hard left turn caused by the stabilizer bar when hitting even a slight bump at spead because it has shifted to the left. WTF? I need a solution. I have searched but found no answers. I am sure many SVTF owners have had this problem, please advise.

Jayson
Yeah, i'm having the same problem. With stock struts and springs, i hit a bump and start praying that my hock towers dont come off!
With FRPP springs, its even worse. Its a new set of shocks/struts from Tousley ford. But i did notice my sway bar on passenger side hitting the body. I have a 1/4" dent in the unibody, by the spot weld.

I did measure few sway bar links and there are some longer and shorter. I'm gonna try longer to bring the bar lower, but if that wont help, then i'll post it on craigslist and find myself a different car because its just impossible to drie this thing and nobody has a solution either...