Level Up 62% Completed
Level up: 62% Level up: 62% Level up: 62%
Forum Activity 14%
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dckotwicki View Post
I own a 2010 Focus SEL with 50K miles on it. I am noticing a slight / subtle hesitation while at speed. I can be doing 50MPH, 70MPH, cruise on or cruise off and I feel a hesitation from the engine. It is as if it is windy out and the car is buffetting slightly but is is not windy...
Hi dckotwicki,

I would advise that you make an appointment at your dealership so they can take a look. Ford certified techs are in the best position to diagnose and repair your Focus. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me via PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgrove998 View Post
I believe you have a "in tank" fuel filter on that model.

Only thing I would suggest is getting some new spark plugs (I would recommend Autolite 104's properly gapped).

You could also check and be sure there is no corrosion on your battery terminals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtsmasher View Post
how about when your coming to a stop?
does it do anything then, or when your slowing down?
any unusual vibrating?

the only reason i ask is cause ive had brake problems before and thats what it feels like, is that the car accelerates hard and brakes fast and when at speed the rotors can heat up some wicked and slow the car down to where you can notice a difference. i cant hurt to check. ive had brake new calipers fail on me before, its very common but can happen!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whynotthinkwhynot View Post
50k miles over 2 years is average mileage. You shouldn't be having any problems with anything just yet- as far as spark plugs and coil boots go. I would consider pulling the coils and boots off each plug and seeing if there is any oil in any of the wells. You might have a bad valve cover gasket that is causing some problems.

Although earlier fuel filters were required to be changed every 20-30k miles, I do believe that Ford switched to a "lifetime" filter in your vehicle. Hopefully someone with an 2010 will chime in to verify.
All great info, folks. Thanks!

Have a great weekend,
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply