Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Front suspension bottoms out on small bumps
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 12:23 AM   #1
Malpopies
Banned

Fan#: 102051
What I Drive: 2002 SVTF Silver Frost #3519

FF Reputation: 1 Malpopies Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Front suspension bottoms out on small bumps

So i bought a 3rd owner SVT and it had few suspensions issues from previous owner but i replaced them all and its tight. But, the main dilemma is, the front struts and springs.

I bought the M-18000-ZX3 kit from Tousley Ford and installed it. The Focus drove like brand new, straight out of the factory! For the first 500 miles that is...

Now its back to bottoming out on highways and roads and even while turning i hear the strut hitting the shock tower like a sledge hammer, mostly on passenger side!

So i called Tousley parts and spoke to a guy with an SVT that has KW springs and bigger wheels. So i told him about my NEW dampers and that they dont dampen much. He said that the front springs are most likely shot and he told me that FRPP springs would be better over stock.

So today i installed FRPP springs (M-5560-ZXM) and its even worse than on the stock SVT springs!

Has anyone had this issue, because i love the car, but i just dont want to drive it anymore due to the bottom outs...

Last edited by Malpopies; 10-26-2012 at 10:33 AM.