Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Dry Sump worth it?
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 11:31 PM   #5
Magus2727
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 62897
What I Drive: 2001 Malibu Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 Magus2727 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Sleepyboy, Who all makes aftermarket oil pump gears? I have been waiting since June for C-F-M to re source theirs. I was not aware of any other company that does. I do not plan on taking my car much over the 7,400 RPM because our motors dont really make any power up their any way. I just wanted them for that extra little insurance. I am guessing also due to the oil pump design and position, when the gears do brake as long as you have an oil pressure gauge and you shut down as fast as you can you should not have any harm done to the motor, right?

So the lateral-G is not so much a worry with out wet-sump stock oil pump design? this is still going to be a DD but would like to take it to open track days as much as I can.

going with the Billet gears then (or aftermarket higher performance gears) you basically slightly changing the harmonics of the pump due to material properties being different and having the gears slightly stronger you making it so the can handle higher stress before they brake. The coating you mentioned (Tom) in a previous thread would just shift the harmonic up a little right?
Hatch Nation #42

Going through Rebuild See "The TICK Build Thread" for details (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289168&referrerid=62897)