Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - SO i just got in an accident...
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 05:43 PM   #51
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Points 9,892, Level 66
Points: 9,892, Level: 66 Points: 9,892, Level: 66 Points: 9,892, Level: 66
Level Up 61% Completed
Level up: 61% Level up: 61% Level up: 61%
Forum Activity 35%
Activity: 35% Activity: 35% Activity: 35%
FF Reputation: 24 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1ngkev1n1 View Post
So i just got off the phone with other providers insurance (mercury) said the repair cost is going to be $9150 for my car which would exceed the $10000 limit the other driver has for the two cars so they wont be covering the accident and i have to go through my own insurance... Also the rental car they set up will have to be returned since they will not cover it... great... They still need to pay for my medical bills.... My insurance said they would waive my deductible, but what concerns me is when i resale the car this seems like it would significantly affect the resale value because of this large repair job/accident... do i need an attorney?
Basically you need to get things straightend out, just because it was over the other motorist's coverage limit doesn't mean you should be responsible for paying for the whole thing.

If needed get an attourney, but first go through your insurance and have them file the claim with the other company if they try to put the screws to you.

Also you may want to claim for diminished value or whatever once the car is fixed, as a hit that structural (front and rear) is going to do more damage to the already fragile resale value.