Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 18 inch titanium wheels good deal or not?
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 03:37 PM   #19
Power Surge
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 55878
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE 5-door

FF Reputation: 1 Power Surge Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdetzel View Post
The standard turning radius is 36'. The cars with 18" wheels and the 235/40 18 tires have a wider 40' turning radius. I know because it ticks me off everytime I try to make a u-turn in front of my house. Small price to pay.This is supposedly to keep the tires from rubbing inside the wheel well.

Again, for my money I can not say enough good about America's tire. I will take my car to them (Discount Tire here) for a rotate and balance every 5000 miles and they will do it for free. They know that is where I will buy my replacements when the factory installed originals wear out.
That's not the wheels though, it's the steering rack. I have 18" Ti wheels on my SE and have no problems making full lock turns.

As for all this rim weight talk....seriously? It's a Focus. Unless someone is doing competitive auto cross (which would be a second set of wheels anyway), I highly doubt anyone would see any difference in weight between rims.

Just my 2 cents.
2008 Vista Blue SE (gone)