Old 10-25-2012, 03:28 PM   #3
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 GTI

FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
1. The "Focus" badge on the back was only stuck on by the very tips of the F and the S, and was ripped off in a car wash. Not a big deal, I just got out some Goo-Gone and de-badged the thing.
2. Molding on the bottom of the rear passenger window was loose at the back, also in danger of getting ripped off in a car wash
3. The shiny trim pieces on the doors on either side of the windows (B and C pillars) creak when grasped for closing the door
4. The gauge surround buzzes
5. There was a rattle coming from the area of the passenger side airbag
6. There is a rattle coming from behind the head unit
7. There is a suspension creak/thunk coming from the front passenger side when going over bumps, but usually only when a passenger is present
8. The plastic cover for the driver side seat belt height adjuster rattles right in my ear
Sounds exactly like my car, actually, save for #'s 5 & 6. I debaged my car from the get-go, so the Focus badge doesn't bother me. I do have a loose window moulding on the passenger rear, though, that won't stay down.

I don't condone the fact that rattles, creaks, and buzzes are present, but I simply don't have the time to deal with trying to take it to the dealer that will not only probably refuse to take me seriously, but if they happen to honor my complaints, they will end up tearing the interior of my car apart and possibly introducing more unwanted noises.

The suspension clunk, though, is completely unacceptable. Many people in this forum are familiar with my efforts to chase down the cause of the clunk.