View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 01:05 PM   #13
Photogrl70
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 105287
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Photogrl70 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I too am having a transmission issue with my 2012 Focus. I purchased my car in May 2012 and as of today it's been in the shop twice. The first time I was told that it was in the breaking in stage and it will pass. Well now I have 11k miles and my car has been in the shop since last Thursday Oct 18th and was told today Oct 25th that we have a fault clutch as well as a defective valve in the transmission and they will have to keep it for at least another 5 days. I'm not happy about this but I will wait and see if the car is repaired correctly which I truly have my doubts. The funny part to all of this was the first day I took it there I was told we couldn't duplicate the hesitation or gear skipping that my car was clearly doing. As the service people are pulling my car in for me to take home my loving focus jumped forward and spazzed the hell out, with that being said I was told we will get you a rental car LOL. Long story short I don't feel safe in my car and u shouldn't either!! My car is at a shop in Maryland and was told from the service writer this is a isolated problem and they have not seen this before but logging on here made me see that it is not isolated nor is it just a couple of 2012 Focus issues it's a lot bigger then Ford knows or wants to admit to. Please keep on your service provider to make your car safe for u and your passengers.