Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Ford Focus Steering Problem
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 12:07 PM   #218
peridigm
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103341
What I Drive: 12', Ti wrapped

FF Reputation: 1 peridigm Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I have an appointment to drop off at the dealer and go on a test drive with a tech on Monday. This was all initiated by Crystal(above) who requested I send my contact info. I then received a PM from a Ford technology girl, and a phone call from a CSR in D.C. for my area, who reached out to my dealer, who called me.

I will say the service guy at the dealer seemed a little peeved that all this came about from above and that I did not call them first. I assured him I was not climbing above them and this was all initiated from a social forum. Not that any of this really matters, but just relaying my perception at the way this has transpired to see how other owners get on with their dealers from similar contacts.

I gave the dealer my list...
-steering issue
-trans shutter (I don't think this is as bad as what others are experiencing but since it's going to be there...)
-MFT/Sync

I'll keep everyone posted on the outcome. We are expecting high winds and heavy rain on Monday when I'm scheduled to have my test drive. I'm not optimistic since I only experience the steering issue at highway speeds of 70 or greater.