Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 10:26 AM   #1712
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,107, Level 34
Points: 3,107, Level: 34 Points: 3,107, Level: 34 Points: 3,107, Level: 34
Level Up 38% Completed
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Forum Activity 24%
Activity: 24% Activity: 24% Activity: 24%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1975 View Post
Hey I'm having the same problem when I start my transmission feels like it's slipping and my car shakes I also notice that when I'm starting and turning right there is a grinding sound coming from the right front tire. I want to take it in to the service department at Battlefield ford in Culpeper VA but I have a feeling that they will just dismiss it as "Nothing"...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleric670 View Post
first time posting on this board, purchased 2012 focus se sport brand new on 10/2012, had all servicing done by the dealer, after 3k miles started to develop the trans "shudder" and grinding from 1'st to 2'nd gear. grinding is VERY noticable now and is getting worse, dealership says it's "normal". Also had the car basically lose the gear when decelerating when it probably should have been 2nd gear there was NOTHING, very dangerous since i take a left hand turn on the highway and twice now i've pressed the gas and there's nothing, engine just revves up, gotta get on the shoulder, stop, then it'll find a gear and i can go again, dealership has no answer. vehicle now has 13k miles on it...
Hi matt1975 and Cleric670,

I'd like to get you both escalated to your regional customer service managers. To get this ball rolling, I'll need you to send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and daytime phone number. I'll escalate your concerns and ensure that you're contacted promptly.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks!
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply