Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Driving in sport mode shifting from 2-3 problem?
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 11:24 PM   #28
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

Points 4,198, Level 41
Points: 4,198, Level: 41 Points: 4,198, Level: 41 Points: 4,198, Level: 41
Level Up 24% Completed
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Forum Activity 17%
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%
FF Reputation: 11 Kabigon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sogosu View Post
*Sigh* just got back from the dealer and it was what I expected.
The service rep told me the tech confirmed it to be normal driving characteristics of the car. She did say that 3 other people had already come in this month describing the same symptoms and were all told the same thing.
She also made a call to the tech service hotline and was some sent pages of a document. It contained nothing describing the issue.

I'm going to pull the battery and do a reset when I install my CAI later this week but I'm skeptical it will do anything.

I'm not sure what to do at this point. Open a file with Ford Customer Service and maybe wait it out for an ecu update? I can already tell this will bug me down the road. Why doesn't it shift when I want it to?
I kind of wish I had waited for the ST to become more available or found a manual in another brand.

Very disappointed with Ford for brushing this off when more than a few people have raised the issue already.
What you described is likely a function of the TCM programming. In that case, there is nothing that the dealer can do at this moment.

With all of the feedback about shuddering and traction control, it is likely that Ford engineers are currently working on a new calibration (firmware) for the TCM.

Do you get a 2 to 3 shift delay if you shift at a higher RPM (4000~5000)?