Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 08:27 PM   #1711
Linchpin
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103384
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Linchpin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavedog309 View Post
Well, Maybe you got a Lemon, it happens. My 12 Focus SE is a Hoot to drive. Maybe you are not a very good driver. It gives you grief "STAND
ON IT" Don,t be afraid.
My 2012 TI is also a fabulous drive with currently zero problems. However, I am not complacent. And I have empathy for those who are having issues with the DCT.

Earlier this year Consumer Reports dropped Ford from 10th in reliability to 20th
(a huge drop) because of issues with the DCT and MFT in the Focus. When working properly, the DCT can significantly improve fuel economy in addition to providing a great drive experience. But in my opinion Ford has not managed the issue well. When a company introduces something new (the DCT is new to Ford but not 'new' per se) they need to be all over any issues as soon as they happen. Otherwise, a great product can become perceived as a lousy product. Ford has not only fumbled the ball badly but thrown a few interceptions. DCT issues are ruining a great experience for a lot of Focus owners.

Focus Ford, Focus!