Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - DCT over revving, car not accelerating. Dangerous
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 08:25 PM   #53
jellybean
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93883
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Titanium

FF Reputation: 0 jellybean Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakeane View Post
Experienced the same issue just this afternoon:
Cruising down the highway at speed, attempt to pass another vehicle and the revís climb to 5k without any acceleration. Massive clutch slippage in any gear at any speed until the vehicle is shut off and restarted (at which point normal operation resumes).
No CEL, nor codes stored in memory (checked via ScanGaugeII).

Spoke to dealerís service department via telephone & should the issue arise again, I will limp the car to the dealer (without shutting off) where they will have their tranny expert meet me in the parking lot and accompany me on a test drive to verify the condition.
My car is currently at the dealer for the second time for this issue. The first time I took it in for the issue described in the first post. The second time, it happened while coasting on the freeway and then when the accelerator was applied to keep up with traffic, it revved up to 5k, with no acceleration.

Ford Customer Service and the dealer have told me there is nothing they can do until they can reproduce the issue....I call BS on this. Does someone have to get hurt before they decide to take action?

Can you tell me how many miles you have on your car and the other info below:
Mine has 18000 miles.
Titanium
Build Date: 10/11
Software: 12B37

Something definitely needs to be done about this