Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 06:57 AM   #1665
smizak
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92058
What I Drive: 2012 Black SEL

FF Reputation: 2 smizak Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
So I had a scheduled visit with my dealer, setup by Ford, for me to inspect the clutches and transmission housing with service manager on Monday. My clutches have been slipping on takeoff, after the car is warm, and also when shifting into third. It is also noticeably worse when it shifts while making a left turn, which is precisely the symptom noted on a work order for TSB 11-12-13 that forum member "primetime" had completed on his vehicle.

Ford had them pull off the starter so I could allegedly inspect the clutches and housing. What a waste of time. You can only see the flywheel. They are trying to tell me that if there was oil leaking, it would be on the flywheel and starter gear teeth. I don't buy it. There was also a copious amount of "rust inhibitor" on the outside of the bell housing and it sure as hell looked like oil to me, but because it was "sticky" that is the reason for them not performing the TSB. Oil gets sticky when it gets covered in road grime and asphalt.

What's worse is that clutch started slipping as I left the dealership.

Completely at a loss as to what to do next. I can't afford to trade it in, I will lose my a$$ on it, and I just bought a new house that tripled my mortgage. Guess I'm stuck, unless this transmission failure gets escalated to a recall. Will hear back from Ford tomorrow as to what the next steps will be. I'll update my situation here when it changes.