jellybean
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93883
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Titanium

FF Reputation: 0 jellybean Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleric670 View Post
first time posting on this board, purchased 2012 focus se sport brand new on 10/2012, had all servicing done by the dealer, after 3k miles started to develop the trans "shudder" and grinding from 1'st to 2'nd gear. grinding is VERY noticable now and is getting worse, dealership says it's "normal". Also had the car basically lose the gear when decelerating when it probably should have been 2nd gear there was NOTHING, very dangerous since i take a left hand turn on the highway and twice now i've pressed the gas and there's nothing, engine just revves up, gotta get on the shoulder, stop, then it'll find a gear and i can go again, dealership has no answer. vehicle now has 13k miles on it.

Highly recommend anyone looking into the ford focus to not purchase one, dangerous vehicle with no fix available.
This has happened to me on 2 occasions now. See my post about it. http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298670
The car is now at the dealer for the second time on this particular issue. I received a call from Ford Customer Service yesterday to say there is nothing they can do as they cannot duplicate it and there are no codes...even though I gave them a detailed explanation of what happened on both occasions. They will not reflash the system, they will not open the tranny housing to see if it is leaking....nothing.

You are right....it is very dangerous.