Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - seventystangfan's '02 ZX3 Build
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 07:18 PM   #1
seventystangfan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104922
What I Drive: 02 Frost Silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 seventystangfan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
seventystangfan's '02 ZX3 Build

Here is my newly bought 2002 Focus ZX3 ZETEC 5-speed. I got this car 10-16-2012. I was able to trade my previous car, a 1997 Explorer Sport 4x4, evenly. The main reason for this trade was of course the fuel milage (14-15 MPG vs 30+ MPG.) I'm sure this difference in MPG would be much greater were I a nicer driver ;)

So, basic info...
2002 ZX3
150,000 miles
2.0 ZETEC 5-speed manual
Cloth seats, cruise, manual windows and locks, baseline Focus model.

As of October 23, 2012 I have changed oil and filter, air filter, replaced the sway bar link the previous owner did not (this previous one was twisted) and 2 tires.
I have found out that it needs both struts on the front replaced, a rear bushing that requires the whole assembly be replaced, and that its current wheels are kinda poopy. They have extreme curb rash and also don't balance well. So my first "mods" persay will be the struts, that bushing assembly, and hopefully wheels. I've put pictures of the wheels on here, let me know your opinion on them...

After these things I would love to do a CAI, tinted lights, a shortie antenna, weight reduction, possibly new seats, and some body repairs, and whatever else I find on the forum

Link to photo album- https://picasaweb.google.com/1023570...eat=directlink

Last edited by seventystangfan; 12-20-2012 at 06:13 PM.