Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 04:15 PM   #1653
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,298, Level 35
Points: 3,298, Level: 35 Points: 3,298, Level: 35 Points: 3,298, Level: 35
Level Up 66% Completed
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Forum Activity 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdetzel View Post
Ok, with all the talk of clutches getting replaced starting to be concerned that maybe my clutches may need to be replaced before they are actually worn out and after the warranty expires, I checked in to purchasing the FORD Extended Service Plan.
Went here http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conten...ESPWizardStep1 and looked. Cannot find where the clutch or clutches are covered under any ESP.
Sent Ford Customer Service a PM asking the specific question, “Will the clutch assembly in my Automatic Transmission 2012 Focus be covered by a Ford ESP.”
Got back this reply “It depends on a variety of factors, including which ESP you currently have. You can give the ESP department a call at 877-794-6434 and they'll fill you in on the details. Also, your dealership will be able to provide specifics if you'd prefer to reach out to them”
I called the ESP department (to get filled in on the details) and was told point blank, in no uncertain terms, NO, the clutch is not covered. Doesn’t make any difference what variety of factors or which ESP plan I have.
I tend to keep cars a long time. My last one was 10 years and the one before for 8 years. So, guess I need to be optimistic and start saving up for an out of pocket clutch replacement just in case. It is bound to be cheaper that what it would cost to get rid of the car now.
Hey gang,

I wanted to follow up to this post and make sure everyone is on the same page. I've reached out to the folks in the ESP department and the official word is that ESP PowertrainCare, BaseCare, ExtraCare and PremiumCare will cover part 7B546 (Clutch kit). The "Dual clutch" verbiage will be added to ESP brochures in hopes to eliminate any confusion.

Please reach out to me via PM if you have any additional questions.

Thanks!
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply