Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - I must be getting old... :-) DIY 2012 intake modification
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 01:53 PM   #103
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Fan#: 90494
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport, '01 ZX3, '67 Bronco

FF Reputation: 10 TboneZX3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaDnB View Post
Yes it's been shown that there's still suction through the NewMission tube. No dirt where all the holes are show there's no suction there.
I wouldn't necessarily agree with that conclusion. The dirt could have been caused by high pressure at the front of the car ramming air through the newmission, not necessarily that there's vacuum pulling air through it into the airbox. It also doesn't surprise me that there's no dirt where the new holes are because, if there is indeed vacuum pulling air in through those holes, that air is being pulled from a relatively clean area (under hood). It's also a possibility that there is actually pressure from the newmission tube blowing OUT of the new holes at speed.
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.