Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Urgent! Removing Factory Seat Cover / Fabric?
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 09:09 AM   #2
mainest
Focus Addict

Fan#: 60163
What I Drive: '04 Red Euro SVT

Points 1,837, Level 25
Points: 1,837, Level: 25 Points: 1,837, Level: 25 Points: 1,837, Level: 25
Level Up 37% Completed
Level up: 37% Level up: 37% Level up: 37%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 8 mainest Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
My experience with seat covers is limited to Gen. 1 Foci. In order to remove the seat cover, the seat must first be removed from the car. If it is a front seat, remove the four T-45? bolts from the seat frame rails. Then the wire harness underneath the seat must be unplugged, and, since that harness has SRS (air bag) wiring, the battery should be disconnected to prevent accidental deployment, and/or turning the air bag light on.
The cover fabric is held to the seat pan with " hog rings" which are circular wire rings that need to be bent open with pliers (needle nose worked best for me) and rotated out of the attachment points on the seat pan. The front passenger seat cushion also has a pressure sensing pad beneath the cushion, which turns the passenger side air bag on, so be careful with that. Again, this is from my experience with Gen. 1 Foci, only. Perhaps some Gen. 2 members will chime in on their experience. Good luck.