Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Parts pricing inconsistency
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 07:05 PM   #1
Graeme S
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101487
What I Drive: 2012 SBM Focus Titanium A/T

FF Reputation: 1 Graeme S Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Parts pricing inconsistency

Has anyone else called around for parts at different dealerships and been quoted different (sometimes radically) pricing? I called around for TPMS quotes for my 2012 Focus (locally, I'm in Canada) and was given the following prices from the different dealerships.

Coastal: $89.90, "But we'll sell it to you for $76.42"
Key West: $77.97
Cam Clark: $71.92
Brown Bros: $60
Metro Motors $59.93

Unfortunately, the two that gave me quotes are the farthest from me (at least 45 minutes' drive away). Is there anything I can do to get consistent pricing, or at least what I would call "proper" pricing for the parts I'm looking for? Is there some kind of corporate pricing sheet I could compare against, or someone I can talk to at Corporate?

I left the dealership names in just because I copy/pasted, if mods want to remove the names, feel free, I'm not sure what policy is. Also, if this is in the wrong section or inappropriate I apologize, I'm just kind of fuming at the moment, since had I not called around I'd've spent an extra hundred bucks plus tax for these things.

I'm working myself up to writing a letter to Corporate to see what their policy is and what I can do to protect myself from stuff like this in the future without having to call five different dealerships to get quotes.