View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 09:06 PM   #20
Phoenix3745
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87688
What I Drive: 2008 White SE Coupe

FF Reputation: 1 Phoenix3745 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The fswerks focus for the shoot out was ran with stock cams with the 2.3 Ford racing heads and Turbo plus other things and put down 400 HP. If you're gonna Turbo they have a complete kit to Turbo the 2.0 duratec on stock internals. I haven't seen any reviews on the durability of the kit but 11psi with the 10:1 compression isnt superhuge but I'd at least replace the gasket and get some arp head studs just to be safe.

If youre stop and go traffic I don't recommend cams or turbos either way your gas bill will increase. The only real mod I can see being drivable in town and letting it off the chain everynow and then would be a nitrous system. I have a 20 shot in my 91 rx7 other then that and exhaust I haven't bumped up the power. I still have a very tame traffic vehicle and can still play around with other people in their rides. But I would still replace the head gasket and get arp studs. And have it professionally installed so you don't blow up your motor by going lean. That was a mistake I didn't like learning.